Monday, January 21, 2008

It's Been A While, Again...

Well Christmas and New Year's came and went. On to another semester at school. I got a great Christmas present this year, a digital SLR camera. It has been a lot of fun, I am still learning but already have taken lots of great pictures. The camera really does make it a lot easier to get some good shots. Here are some I like a lot:








I decided last Wednesday (before I got strep throat) to dive back into the world of html... I haven't gotten too far yet, but it is interesting to design a webpage from scratch. I'll have to share when I get something cool made. I never really like the templates I find, so maybe I can do better.

I really want to open a photography business and quit my "real job." I hope someday that happens :) My mom offered to buy me a backdrop and some lighting for my birthday to take a family portrait. Sounds like fun! I am hoping this summer maybe to put up a website to promote myself. Shawn might even join me. He is an experienced studio photographer and is interested in creative photos of outdoors stuff: leaves, animals, etc. I am more into pictures of people just being themselves. So, we'll see what happens! We have already decided on a name and I have been playing around with logos, mainly just cause I get bored and have nothing better to do. (Ok, I have tons to do, but I'd rather play with logos.)

Good news yesterday! My sister took her NCLEX-RN test to be a registered nurse and she passed! I knew she would, even though she was skeptical! She is really smart and a very hard worker!! I knew she would do well. Seriously, I am lazy compared to her. That is one reason I am hoping she will come help me pick out colors and paint some rooms in my house sometime soon. Come to think of it, I might need to invite several friends/workers ;) I have a lot of walls to cover in a weekend.

Shawn decided I could do what I wanted with the house, but he didn't want to be there for it. I decided that sounded good, so sometime soon he will go away for a weekend and come back to a newly painted house.

Ok, back to my class now...

No comments: