Thursday, July 28, 2005

Maternity Leave... Sort of

Yesterday was my last day at work :) D-1 shut down in Bryan and so Sunday is the very last day for the place to be open but our contract is closing Friday at 5pm. My days off normally are Thursday and Friday, so I get paid for Saturday and Sunday and don't even have to work... pretty cool, huh? So I guess I could call it maternity leave but it was forced maternity leave whether I wanted it or not (I wanted it!)

Plus since I stayed til the end I get paid a retention bonus equal to two weeks pay... This whole thing worked out pretty good for us. So I will be getting my last check I believe August 26 and I was done on July 27. Not bad.

Anyway, I have another doctor's appointment today, so more later.

Here's a pic of the last day at work with some of the cool people I worked with:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jamie, Danielle, me, Stacey, our manager Darren, and George

And here is me at one of the many cubicles I inhabited over the last 8 months (Does my face look big/fat/swollen to anyone else?):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: