Friday, February 20, 2009

Next Year? Already?


Random Picture of Shawn overseeing Brytini getting ready for a pig show...

I have been thinking a lot about next year, and I have to say that I feel like this would be the perfect time for me to stay home with the boys and spend time taking care of things there. (Ok, I admit this happens every year.)

The school year is winding down. Slowly. But before we know it, it will be summer. And then before we know it, we will be back at school. But I wish it weren't so.

So, what is keeping us from being able to do it?

Ok, so Shawn got a pretty good raise this year when he went to teach in Liberty Hill. That is a great blessing that we have used to pay off a lot of our remaining debts. So we are almost done with those, except for our cars, of which there are many.

We have 4 cars. Someone say it with me: "WHY?" Well, there is a valid use for each one of them. Just ask Shawn. The white truck is a farm truck used to feed cows. The Suburban is just in case we all go somewhere together. The little car is for good gas mileage, and the gray truck is the other every-day vehicle. Right now the Suburban needs an alternator, or possibly just a new battery.

The only thing is, we are paying on all 4 cars. And will be til next year sometime. So that stinks.

But even so, I bring home about a relatively small amount of our monthly income. And that is due in part to me working in a lower-paying school, and partly due to the fact that Day Care comes right out of my check before I see it.

We do get some financial assistance since we are foster parents to help pay for all the needs kids have. So that helps.

So, my idea is that we would save on Day Care money, and I would be free and flexible to meet our family's needs, whenever and wherever. And soon enough we'll be done with car payments. Wouldn't that be great?

I think so!

No comments: